Strategically positioned between the world class Convention Centre and the Retail Precinct, 2 Cathedral Square will benefit from excellent foot fall of office workers and high spending tourists. The building also offers huge profile onto the tourist hub of Cathedral Square.
- The Christchurch Convention Centre will be a world class conference facility with the ability to host up to 2000 delegates for a variety of national and international events.
- The new Tūranga Christchurch City Library is located across the Square and is the largest Public Library in the South Island.
- The former Millennium Hotel located beside Spark House is now operating as the Distinction Christchurch hotel with 180 rooms.
- The former Forsyth Barr office building opposite Victoria Square has been redeveloped as the new Crowne Plaza hotel which is open with 204 rooms.
- A Holiday Inn Express is planned for Gloucester St between Press House and Cathedral Junction.
- The Peterborough hotel will be built opposite Christchurch Casino.
- Construction is due to commence on the first stage of a set of 72 high-end apartments, known as Cathedral Towers.
- A major Japanese hotel and tourism group purchased 2,000m² of land in Cathedral Square in April 2017. It is understood the group will build and run a hotel there.
- In addition, Regenerate Christchurch have released their vision for Cathedral Square with distinct arts, cultural, hospitality precincts to activate the Four Corners of the Square while also providing interesting green space and water features.